The 2019-2020 lottery application for YES Prep opens November 1, 2019 and closes February 10, 2020. To submit an application, go to http://yesprep.schoolmint.net.
To enter the YES Prep Public Schools lottery process, create an account and submit a YES Prep Public Schools application online. Parents or legal guardians can complete the online application on their own, or by visiting a YES Prep campus to use a campus-based computer if needed.
Click here for a complete list of our schools.
Enrollment for YES Prep Northbrook Middle School & High School
Please note that YES Prep Northbrook Middle School and YES Prep Northbrook High School, our schools in partnership with Spring Branch Independent School District, run a separate lottery. To apply online for YES Prep Northbrook campuses, click here.
Lottery Priorities and Timeline
YES Prep prioritizes the lottery for each school in the following ways:
- Children of eligible YES Prep employees
- Eligible sibling applicants (siblings who share at least one biological parent or one legal guardian with a current YES Prep student, and who do not have an active YES Prep expulsion on their school record)
- Children of eligible YES Prep vendors
- Applicants who reside in the priority zone for the YES Prep campus they're applying to
- Applicants who reside outside the priority zone for the YES Prep campus they're applying to but within the YES Prep district zone
- Applicants who reside outside the YES Prep district zone
The lottery occurs on February 20, 2020 and families can check their student's status online on February 28, 2020.
If your child is not selected in the lottery process, they will be placed on a waitlist that follows the prioritization order stated above. If and when seats become available at a campus where you have applied, the campus will notify families of available seats in the order of the waitlist .
If your child does receive acceptance to a YES Prep campus, and you would like to transfer them to a different YES Prep campus, contact the campus where you were accepted. Transfer approval is based on seat availability at the campus you are hoping to move your child to.
If you miss the deadline to participate in the lottery, feel free to submit an application. You will be automatically placed on our waitlist and be contacted if a seat becomes available.